Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, September 16, 2010

I love this life! {and wedding slideshow}

Hello my friends! I apologize for my hiatus and for the sparse posts to come. I am still working on internet where I live....not sure how we will solve that issue! I guess I really do live in the country! Dusty and I are settled in to our house now and we have had a quite a busy start to our marriage. We have been travelling a lot for the mission (click HERE for info on the ministry we are involved in) and a little bit for pleasure of course ;)

Volleyball season at Blessed Hope is in full swing and Zac is a starter! Mackenzie is working in the concession stand and she has such a servants heart. Levi is in boy scouts and he is even teaching his daddy things! And Andrew is enjoying being the youngest child. He is looking forward to being involved in things when he is older. All of the kids help out with bus church at their church. They make us SO proud. Motherhood (or step-motherhood) is so much fun. Dusty and I look forward to the weekends with much excitement.

Our little country house seems to be a haven for the animals these days. The kids have been begging for a dog and neither Dusty nor myself are interested in having a dog in the house. We told them we would pray about it. A few weeks ago, Dusty went outside to get a book out of the storage building. When he shut the door, three puppies ran out from under the building! They don't stick around much but they sure are cute to look at. We named their mama Millie. She is a roamer as well but a sweet little dog. Less than a week later a little black and white dog showed up. She wouldn't let us pet her but she would walk right behind us. She is warming up to us and is faithfully waiting when we get home. Her name is Lola (= Then my parents gave us a hand-me-down dog that was a troublemaker with their dogs. She (Hera) and Lola have become the best of friends. When we go on walks they are right there with us. It is nice having them around!
Millie

Lola

We have also acquired 2 cats (Malcolm Merriweather and Brisco Darling) in addition to my cat I had before, as well as 3 rabbits (and probably some babies on the way!).
Malcolm

Brisco

So, that's what life is looking like here in the foothills of North Carolina. I have some of the most beautiful views of the hazy Blue Ridge mountains on my way home from work every day. We have been blessed beyond all measure with a wonderful marriage, wonderful children, a ministry to work in, a great church family, and a great supportive family.

Here is a slideshow of some of my favorite wedding pictures. I hope to post again soon!





"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It encourages me so much!!