Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, December 4, 2009

God Gives Grace

Yesterday, as I was setting the table, talking to Dusty, and preparing for my mom's birthday dinner, the doorbell rang. I had seen the Latter Day Saint missionaries in my neighborhood earlier, and I had a little bit of an attitude about it. I answered the door and stood outside to listen to what they had to say. I was polite. They told me a little about themselves and their religion (even complimented me on my skirt), and then asked me if I was interested in them sitting down and talking to me about the Book of Mormon. I kindly declined and sent them on their way.
Not a minute later, I was hit with guilt for being a terrible witness I had been for the Lord. How bold they are to come and knock on my door and tell me about what they believe and I didn't even ask them if they were saved. I drove through my neighborhood and the next neighborhood over to look for them but they were gone. I don't know if Mormons believe that the Bible is true in its entirety and if they believe in salvation by grace through faith plus nothing minus nothing, and one day I will have to stand before the Throne of God and give an account for those girls.
So today I encourage you to be bold. I need the Lord to give me grace to not dwell on my shortcomings, and courage to be bold for Him. I pray for that today, and daily.


"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek." Romans 1:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It encourages me so much!!