Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Lessons in Love


I started reading a book at Thanksgiving called "Created to be His Help Meet" by Debi Pearl (it is a KJV only book). I stopped after the intro and first chapter because there was a journal entry and I just didn't have time to do it (yeah, Lord, thanks for dying on Calvary for me, sorry I don't have time to study the precious word you have preserved for me...what a JERK I am!!). So anyways, I finally got convicted about pushing this book aside and picked it up. This "assignment" was totally optional (although I didn't pay $12 for a book only to get half of the blessing I can from it..haha) but I finally sucked it up today and did it. What a blessing it was to me. It is forever in my journal, so I can go back whenever I want and be reminded of what the Lord helped me with today.
What is this assignment you might ask? Go through the scriptures and find the following words or traits as they relate to a woman of God. Write the verses in your journal and ask the Lord to help you work on these areas.
1. Virtue
2. Graciousness
3. Wisdom
4. Prudence
5. Goodness
I would share with you what I got, but it was so much fun to do it for myself. It would be really cool to compare with someone!
It is going to be really hard to for me not to blog this entire book but that would be unfair to the Pearl family, so I encourage you to get your own copy. Just the chapter titles alone are convicting! www.nogreaterjoy.org Also, if you have read it, let me know how it blessed you. I am excited about this book!

"And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." Genesis 2:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It encourages me so much!!