Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How Are You Separate?



One of the verses in the Bible that I have to remind myself of almost daily is 2 Corinthians 6:17 "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the LORD, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you." (KJV) Today I am asking you (and myself) what you are doing to separate yourself from the people in the world who are not saved. How will the people around you know that you are a Child of God?
Is it by your dress? Do you look like you stepped out of a fashion magazine or a Hollister ad? Is the way you dress modest? Does it separate you from unbelievers? Can people take one look at your outfit and know that there is something different about you? When questioned about why I dress the way I dress, the thing I always come back to is Biblical separation. I want people to know by looking at my clothes that I am different. I certainly have things I need to work on in that area, but the Lord knows my heart and that I want to do right and please HIM.
Is it by your attitude? Are you cheerful and pleasant? Do you find fault in everything? Do you have road rage (OUCH!)? When you speak to a stranger, are your words filled with the love of Christ in you? Oh how I want people to see (or hear) Christ in me! Sometimes we can get so caught up in ourselves that we forget that people are watching and listening. If we have a bad attitude, that could ruin our testimony. It's difficult, I know, but it's something worth working on for sure!
Is it by your character? Do people feel comfortable cursing and saying inappropriate things to and around you? Do you recommend movies to people that could reflect back on you poorly? (LOL- Tessa I know we just talked about this, and I just had to use it!) Do you think before you act and speak? Do you lose your temper or throw a fit when things don't go your way? (Those of you who know me well please keep your comments on this area to yourself! HEHE) Will you go places and do things that could make your Christian character appear questionable?
Is it by your love? Do you love people as Christ loves them? I know it can be hard sometimes to love certain people, but think of how unlovable you and I were (and still are) when the Lord saved us! If we can keep that in perspective, it will make the task of loving people so much more bearable.
I'm sure there are thousands of things that we can do to separate ourselves, but these are the ones that came to my mind. I want to improve in these areas! There is always room for improvement. I want to be a shining example for the Lord in a world of darkness.

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It encourages me so much!!