Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, March 8, 2010

Busy....sorry!

So, I haven't really had time to post due to all of the excitement that comes with being engaged. We have moved the date to May 29th and it was obviously the Lord's will since I got the photographer who did my sister's wedding and we loved (Gina Covington- THANK YOU!) and we got our preacher who was not available the 22nd! God is good. Sometimes we don't understand things right away but then He makes it clear to us! I love when that happens!
So here is what we have done and are working on so far: we have made the layout for our invitations and are going Monday (Lord willing) to take pictures for engagement photos, the background of our invites, and our wedding favors. My mom came up with the genius idea of giving out wallet sized photos of the married couple with the date and their names as wedding favors. It is inexpensive and it's not just something that will end up being clutter! It was a hit at Melanie's wedding. So, that is fun and exciting! I also have picked out my dress and it is sitting at Poffie Girls in Gastonia waiting to be picked up for alterations! I am really excited about that!!
We are going this week to look for dress patterns for my girls. I got Dusty's outfit (a purple gingham button up shirt and flat front khakis) today for only $45!! Amazing!
There is so much to look forward to and the Lord has been with me so far! I am thankful that he is such a loving and faithful God who likes to spoil his children sometimes!

"Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalm 37:4

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I can't wait!!! We will soooo be there!!!! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! How exciting to be getting married. I have been married 28 years and what blessings come from sticking out the tough times. There WILL be tough times ahead! God is faithful and if you both keep your eyes and hearts toward God, it will be a beautiful life.
    Check my blog in the next couple of days for pictures of my kitchen. We took the strips down and put sheetrock mud over them. It looks like a house now. We also put some brick paneling between the cabinets that my husband just built me and it looks GREAT!! I've never had a kitchen this nice. My advice to you is to decorate before you move in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It encourages me so much!!