Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Some Divine Encouraging

Sometimes, we have days when we feel like we have been such failures as Christians that there is no way we can be of any use. Or maybe I just have days like that...? Well anyways, I always like to think of some of the things the Lord does for me as encouragement to continue on in the race.
For example, I must admit that I got up Sunday morning desiring nothing more than to stay in my warm soft bed. I got up anyways and went to Sunday school. It was there that I was asked to teach our next class, this coming Sunday. Me, teach? I am so unworthy. But it is encouraging to know that the Lord can use me despite my frailties. Then, we went into church and got in the choir loft as usual. My pastor walked up and asked if my sisters and I could sing after the choir. Of course I said yes. So we got to the microphones and I got to share a little bit about how much the Lord has done for me lately. Then we sang "Every Need Supplied" {see lyrics below} and two women went to the altar for some help! It was so encouraging to know that the Lord used me and my sisters as a channel for Him! These are just two examples of how the Lord has shown me that He hasn't given up on me yet! I am so thankful for that!

Here is the song we sang...It is one of my favorites and it means more to me every day.
"Daniel found Him faithful in a lion's den
He sent fire down from Heaven when Elijah called on Him
And though Joseph was forsaken he was rewarded with the throne
And when David felt his heart break he could sing this song

Every need supplied, every moment satisfied
And every time I call His name, I know I'll find Him just the same
If you've gone out on a limb or your way it may seem dim
Don't give up and don't give in, Casting all your care upon Him

He said we could move mountains with faith of a mustard seed
So I know my God is able to meet our every need
And one day with all the blood-washed saints, we'll gather round the throne
And in anthems sweet, crowns at His feet we'll sing it on and on

Every need supplied, every moment satisfied
And every time I call His name, I know I'll find Him just the same
If you've gone out on a limb or your ways it may seem dim
Don't give up and don't give in, casting all your care upon Him"

I love that song...It is so true. Jehovah-jireh- He will see to it! He will provide!

P.S. My sister Melanie posted on her blog yesterday about her pregnancy and then she posted about Dusty and I. It was really really sweet and she made me cry LOL! You should go take a look. If for no other reason, then to see her ADORABLE picture of her huge prego belly! She is due May 6! Click HERE to pay her a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It encourages me so much!!