Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Week


Starting Sunday, this week has been a week of Thanksgiving. My pastor has started calling it "Thanksliving". I like that. Sunday morning he preached out of Jonah about the "fare" you have to pay for disobeying the Lord. It was really interesting, especially since I personally have a hard time waiting on the Lord, and I like to do things my way. So those messages are the ones I really need to hear. Sunday night he had a few of the "preacher boys" who aren't all "boys" get up and preach for a little bit on Thanksgiving. A couple of things still are constantly replaying in my mind from that night. First of all, was a young man named Joshua who surrendered to preach at summer camp this year. He referenced Psalm 100:1 "Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands" and he said "it doesn't say make a beautiful noise". I like that! The Lord doesn't expect us all to sing like angels or play an instrument like a pro. He just wants us to do it all for HIS glory. I thought that was really great.
Then Doug preached out of 2 Corinthians 9:15 "Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift". Have you ever stopped to think how unspeakable it is that the God sent his Son to die for us? Can you imagine sending a brother, sister, neice, nephew, grandchild, child, husband, wife, best friend, or anyone that you love dearly to die in such a way that Jesus did? I can't! But the Lord did. He sent His son to die for us, so that we (unworthy, sometimes ungrateful sinners) could have eternal life. That is truly unspeakable. So I am thankful for that!!

Last night was our first night of our two night Thanksgiving revival. Brother Rob Carlson was the visiting preacher all the way from Canada. He used Proverbs 29:18 "Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he." and preached on having a dream, and knowing if that dream is of the Lord. Here is how he said you can know: 1. Does it have some eternity to it's duration, 2. Does it have some elasticity to its direction (there again, waiting on the Lord and beign willing to change your mind if He says so), 3. Is it based upon the scriptures?, 4. Do you have joy in pursuing and fulfilling that dream? I thought that his message was such a blessing! I cannot wait to see what the Lord has given him for us tonight!! Maybe I will just have to blog about it tomorrow (=
Happy Tuesday! The Lord is good!


Psalms 106:1 "Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever."

3 comments:

  1. I have to get a copy of the CDs from Sunday, especially now that you have given little tid bits. Hey, you might want to change the color of the font you post in, sometimes I have trouble reading it because of the lines in the background. Love you, hope you are riding the van again tonight! Can't wait to here the message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will ride in the van if you will ride with me. I'm sorry you were sick Sunday...you scared me =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a great sermon! May the Lord bless you with new thoughts from His Word to meditate on tonight!

    Just wanted to let you know that your blog has been added to our directory. Thanks so much for joining us! :)

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It encourages me so much!!