Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Moving Weekend

I have an awesome family. On Saturday we loaded up a little U-haul trailer with all of my things and headed down to Shelby to move into my new house. All of my sisters plus my mom and dad plus two of my brothers in law came to help. We got everything moved except for a few odds and ends at Dusty's house and the things I need for the upcoming week. Dusty and the kids got to spend the first night there last night!! (= If you remember, I posted a lot about the renovations to the trailer. Well the Lord provided something much better for us. He gave us this amazing house with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms upstairs and a full basement (1/2 finished) with a bathroom and a wood stove downstairs. This is so much more than we could ever have asked for and definitely more than we could have ever provided for ourselves. The house needs a little updating so bear with us...I will describe things as I go (=

Dining room complete with a table big enough for all of us (= to the right is a sliding door that goes out to a deck

My sewing nook in my bedroom

Looking out from the sewing nook into the bedroom. We haven't figured out the set up for our seating area yet, but the master bedroom, closet, and bathroom is close to the same square footage as the entire trailer. Our bed looks a little sad but the bedframe is a work in progress (=

Our master bath (I told you this was more than I ever dreamed of!)

The boys room. It is bigger than it looks, but it is hard to get a good picture. I am working on bedspreads LOL

Mackenzie's room. She got the good deal! She is using all of my old college bedding and all of my pictures that were in my room. I am so glad she gets her own room!

My full sized oven and flat top range (= Complete with apron and dish towel hooks! Just outside of the doorway to the left is a little bar area with lots of storage. We put our paper products, surplus foods, games, movies, etc. in there.

My mom and sisters completely organized my kitchen for me. I am very thankful for that because I am very bad at that stuff! Notice the dishwasher.... (= Didn't have one at the trailer

The kitchen has tons of cabinet space and I even got that junk drawer I always wanted!!! I am getting a shelf for our little plants. Hopefully the herbs will grow quickly and I can transplant them to the deck!

My man making a funny face as usual. To the left are the cabinets I was talking about earlier. Great storage!!

Taking a much needed break! (=

I am thankful and I am humbled by the manifold blessings that my Heavenly Father has bestowed upon Dusty and I. I don't fully understand it but I give Him all of the glory.

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! It encourages me so much!!