I have had a sad situation come up with an old friend in my life. It made me stop and examine my past and present relationships and sparked a revelation of sorts. I realized that the things I did in the past to make my relationships worked were only futile acts. Why? Because it wasn't true, Godly love. Here are a few characteristics I came up with from my own personal experience that may help others decipher real, Godly love from infatuation, lust, or whatever it may be.
1. True Godly love never ever requires us to compromise our Christian morals.
2. True Godly love never separates or alienates us from our Christian family and friends.
3. True Godly love never causes us to question BIBLE principles.
4. True Godly love never brings reproach on the Lord's name and it never hurts our Christian testimony.
5. True Godly love never pressures us to do things we don't want to do or don't believe it is okay to do.6. True Godly love never takes us out of the Lord's will for our lives and I honestly believe if you are in the Lord's will you will be serving HIM.
7. True Godly love is unselfish. I honestly thought that love like this didn't exist. But it truly does. It is totally realistic and possible for a person to put their spouse's needs before their own but only if God is the glue that holds a relationship together.
That's all I thought of. I hate to think that there are girls out there who get sucked into relationships with "Christian" guys and things just aren't what they seemed. God has a perfect someone just for you! I'm glad He gave me my Mr. Right (=
P.S. It dawned on me today that after I get married I will not have internet at home....so my posts may be as sparse even after the wedding as they are now. Oh well...the Lord knows what He's doing (=
Can you believe it??? Only SIXTEEN more days until the wedding!!! (=
P.S. Dusty's youngest boy Andrew refuses to give me a kiss until Dusty and I are married...we will see how he does that day LOL!